- Loyalty Club
- Visitor Info
- About the BID
Location: 44 Havelock St, Swindon SN1 1SD
Our sales assistant volunteers are the first point of contact for customers when they enter our shops. As a sales assistant volunteer you will greet customers, help them find the items they’re looking for and answer their questions where you can. With support from the shop team, your invaluable efforts at keeping the sales floor well stocked and organised will help us beat heartbreak forever by raising as much as we can to fund lifesaving research.
Say hello to the team:
Funding for researchers begins at your local charity shop. Last year our British Heart Foundation UK charity shops across the UK raised an incredible £28 million – this wouldn’t have been possible without our fantastic volunteers.
Our team is bright and bubbly, and we love meeting people from all walks of life.
Typical tasks include:
· Helping customers on the shop floor & providing good all-round customer service
· Promoting our campaigns and any instore sales to customers
· Working on window and shop displays
· Keeping the shop tidy, clean and well organised – some light housekeeping
· Helping your fellow volunteers and staff
You get a lot from volunteering too:
· A chance to work in a friendly team, make new friends & meet a diverse group
· The feel-good factor of making an invaluable contribution towards the British Heart Foundation goal to Beat Heartbreak Forever
· The time to develop your confidence and interpersonal skills, and socialise
· The ability to gain valuable retail experience to add to your CV and learn new skills
· Flexibility to fit with your lifestyle
· Reasonable travel reimbursed in agreement with the Manager
Please note - we are unable to accept volunteers aged under 16 and we cannot accept volunteers with unspent criminal convictions or who are subject to criminal registers/orders
Here's a little bit more about us:
The BHF is here to Beat Heartbreak Forever. We are working towards a world free from the fear of heart and circulatory diseases.
By 2030, we want to see advances across the spectrum of heart and circulatory diseases; we want to prevent these conditions from developing and we want those with existing conditions to have better, longer lives.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Volunteer
Salary: £0.00 per year
Free or Subsidised Travel
Schedule: Day shift
Work remotely: No
Application closing date: 20th September 20