- Loyalty Club
- Visitor Info
- About the BID
Job Description – Casual Ticket Office Assistant Job Objective:
To assist with the effective day to day operation of the Wyvern Theatre and Arts Centre Ticket Office.
To use the Ticket Office computer system to issue tickets to members of the public.
To ensure tickets are sold and information given in a lively, friendly, caring and efficient manner to all customers and users of the Wyvern Theatre and Arts Centre.
To work closely with the Marketing Department to ensure maximum sales are achieved. Department: Marketing Reporting to: Ticket Office Manager/Ticket Office Deputy Manager Liaises with: All Ticket Office Staff, marketing staff, other Wyvern Theatre departments and visiting companies.
KEY FUNCTIONS 1. To assist with the day to day operation of the Wyvern Theatre and Arts Centre.
2. To use the Ticket Office computer system for the selling and issuing of tickets.
3. To adhere to all systems and procedures relating to the Ticket Office and to the Wyvern Theatre and Arts Centre.
4. To ensure monies received from paying customers are collected and receipted in line with the Wyvern Theatre’s policies and that correct cashing up procedures are carried out at the end of each shift.
5. To assist customers with both ticket and general enquiries on the phone, in person and via e-mail.
6. To assist in creating a welcoming atmosphere for customers and visiting companies.
7. To ensure accurate data is collected from customers when they are buying tickets or joining the mailing list.
8. To assist in the role of administering and updating the Wyvern Theatre’s membership schemes- the ‘Friends’. This will include setting up new memberships and renewals on the Ticket Office system, distributing membership cards.
9. To keep up to date with all information relating to the Wyvern Theatre and Arts Centre, its performances and other activities, including restaurant events.
10. To maintain a high standard of personal cleanliness and dress, this will include a corporate identity in the form of a staff uniform.
11. Any other duties commensurate with the grade of post as directed by the Ticket Office Manager
12. To perform any duties as required by the Marketing department and to view the role as being part of the Marketing umbrella.
Person Specification Essential Requirements
1. Excellent communication skills
2. Ability to cope under pressure and multi-task within a team
3. Attention to detail when completing set tasks.
4. Ability to use initiative and work independently.
1. Proven interest in theatre and the arts
2. Knowledge of Audience View ticketing system
3. Knowledge of Word and Excel packages.
4. Willingness to share ideas and initiatives.
Application closing date: 29th March 20